During the month of June I took one of the Wilton Courses @ Jo-Ann to help sharpen some of my cake decorating skills. The class was pretty much based on how to make flowers out of royal icing and some fondant. We did learn a few other skills such as basking weaving and a few other borders. I had a great time in the class and it just cont. to make my love grow for cake decorating. I would LOVE to one day be able to make a little bit of money off of it, but I have more learning and practice before I even think of that. I think my cookies are awesome and my cupcakes are pretty good too, but my cakes need more practice. So far I have Cristiana's tent cake I made for her 2nd birthday that came out pretty good and Toya's birthday cake that I think came out great except for the immense amount of red coloring I added to the red velvet which you could totally taste. My final cake for this class did not turn out as wonderful as I would have liked it to, I was sick with a fever the night I was making and frosting the cake. I over mixed my frosting which gave it a very porous look and I didn't feel like adding a crumb coat which caused me to have crumbs, but the color was fabulous (it was a beautiful green and the flowers were a beautiful rose pink, ivory, and light purple/pale blue). The border (beaded), as well as the leaves and vines came out great as well. Though the frosting was porous looking, I think the cake, overall, came out pretty good for the fact that I was not feeling well. The pics don't give it any justice of course, they were taken with our camcorder since we are still w/out a camera.