We decided to take a trip to clearwater beach during memorial day weekend. Needless to say I was terrified because I had no idea how Crisitana would react to the water, the sun, and the heat. We bought a little UV protected canopy, her little bathing suit also had UV protection, the sling I bought for the beach was made of solar veil which had UV protection in it as well as the ability to dry quickly when taken into the water, and we bought baby sun block lotion. Can we say Maite is neurotic or what. Like I said... I was terrified.

The trip should have taken us 2 hrs. on the road actually took us about 4 due to the wonderful directions Jaime got off the Internet (not to blame it on him ;p). The beach we went to was Honeymoon beach state park near Clearwater. It was definitely worth the drive, parking was very close to the beach, the sand was soft and the water warm and clear. There were rocks at the very beginning of the water which gave all of us a nice exfoliating pedicure but once you got to the sand bar, it was heaven. I have to say, even the bathrooms were clean at this park. Cristiana enjoyed the beach so much that she fell asleep after about 10min. in the water. I think she was cozy in the sling with the sound of the waves in the background. We did get home the right way and plan to take the correct route there next time.