This weekend the Grant Family invited us over for dinner. Joe likes to hunt and always comes home with something and they wanted me to try venison (deer) for the first time. Anyone who knows me, knows that my list of foods I like and eat is very minimal and I'm usually not adventurous about trying new things, but I decided to give it a whirl. We brought over black beans and rice (Kristin's favorite) and had a lovely dinner along with some great drinks (Kristin makes a good appletini). So you may be wondering what I thought about the venison? Well, Joe threw it on the grill with some seasoning and the verdict was: YUMMY! I won't lie, I was scared at first, but after I tried it, I could have taken a whole plate full of leftovers if we had any. The girls had a great time together as usual, dinner was a bit unproductive for both of them but they had a ball playing with everything and just being plain silly. It was a bit late when we were about to leave so we decide to let the girls take a bath together, that way as soon as we got home, it was straight to bed. We thought she would fall asleep on the way but I guess she was too excited from her afternoon/evening w/her best friend. Thanks Grant family! We had a great time and LOVED the food. And thanks for the pics Kristin!
Disclaimer: For those of you (like my sister) who look at these pictures and wonder, do they ever brush her hair? The answer is YES, and she usually looks really good when we're leaving the house with a bow or hairband on, but if she decides to take it off, that's where we loose the game and it usually doesn't go back in and hence her hair looks like a crazy mess.