On Sunday, we had Cristiana's big 1st birthday party at Phelps Park in Winter Park. God blessed us with such a gorgeous day (I had been worried that it would either rain or be too chilly for the park, but it was PERFECT!) The day started out as a crazy mess (as celebrations always seem to in our family)icing cupcakes and Cristiana's smash cake, cutting up cheese, fruits, and little sandwiches (Thanks MOM), picking up spanish pastries (thanks sis and brother in law), making sure Cristiana had a good nap, finishing the centerpieces (thanks family), and then running to the park to decorate (thanks hunny and Eric for exposing your inner Martha Stewart :P), but in the end it turned out better than I could have imagined! I expected Cristiana to dive right into her cake but I think she was a bit overwhelmed by everyone staring at her. She even cried a bit when everyone clapped as she dug into the icing (she doesn't seem to like being the center of attention, which I'm not sure where she got that from). She ended up eating mostly the icing but eventually did have a few pieces of the banana cake mom made for her.

I can't believe this day finally came. It seems as though it were yesterday she was still in my womb. Time flies so quickly and she's growing up too fast.
Thanks to all our friends who came out to celebrate with us and thank you so much hunny, Jackie, and Eric. You guys were an amazing help. Words cannot express how appreciative I am of everything.

Happy 1st Birthday mi Cha-Cha!